We’ve been posting shopping tips and gift guides galore since Thanksgiving (and before), but once you get deep in the process of marking things and people off your holiday list, it’s easy to let the social and financial stress creep in and forget what the season is really about. We’ll be back to our regularly scheduled programming by noon, but for now, take a breath, relax a little and enjoy our take on the holiday shopping process. Naturally, it’s in the Internet’s only true native language: the animated GIF.
1. You start by making your list. (Checking it twice is optional.)
2. Then you make your budget.
3. Wait, how do you make a budget?
4. This math isn’t working out.
5. Time to decide who you really want to be friends with and who can go.
6. Ok, time to get to shoppin’.
7. You are momentarily taken aback by the parking lot.
8. Never mind, you got this.
9. You start out by following your carefully conceived plan. Nothing can stop you.
10. Except shopping for clothes for yourself. That can stop you.
11. You suddenly remember what you were supposed to be doing in the first place.
12. You get a call from your bank about the sudden volume of charges on your account.
13. The bank actually wonders if they’re all yours!
14. I mean, they’re definitely all yours.
16. It’s not like you won’t be able to afford the essentials or anything.
17. And best of all, this is how everyone will feel when opening your gifts.
P.S. Please consider supporting our small, bag-loving team by clicking our links before shopping or checking out at your favorite online retailers like Amazon, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, or any of the listed partners on our shop page. We truly appreciate your support!