Last week, Amanda kicked off our Ask PurseBlog category, and we've received lots of submissions! If you have handbag questions, make sure to send them our way by emailing email@example.com.
This week, I'm answering five questions from reader Hetty. Hetty writes:
I had a few questions:
1. What is your favorite bag you own?
2. What bag is next to purchase for you?
3. Which Bag should I get? A Chanel Jumbo or a Boy?
4. Megs, What size Hermes Birkin works better for you, 30cm or 35cm?
5. Could you do the many bags feature more often?
Hi Hetty! I'm so glad you wrote to us. You've asked some questions I've received numerous times, so I'm happy to answer them for you and others.
1) One of the questions I'm asked the most is the favorite bag I own, and it is the question that stumps me the most. I own a lot of handbags and like many of them, and I love even more. I can't name just one; I have a couple to share.
First, I love my Hermès Black 35cm Birkin. It's elegant, wearable, and such a statement. I love the color I chose and I love how this bag is super spacious. Plus, the leather still smells amazing.
Second, I'm obsessed with my Chanel Reissue. I reviewed this bag recently, and it's such a classic, but it has the right twist for my personal style. The leather is sumptuous, and the bag fits plenty of my everyday necessities.
Third, my Gucci Bamboo Top Handle Bag; it's just lovely. There are so many compartments that I sometimes can't keep them straight, but it's just a lovely bag. I've carried and carried and over-carried this bag, and it hasn't let me down.
The list will keep changing, of course, but those three have been my go-to bags for the past several years.
2) Next bag purchase for me? I feel like this is going to be a big year for Dior bags, and I've been trying to figure out which one I'd like. I'm leaning toward a Lady Dior or the newer Be Dior, but this is something I plan on delving into much deeper, and I will definitely be sharing the journey with you all as I go.
3) A Chanel Jumbo Flap or Chanel Boy Bag? This is a tough question, because it relies on your personal taste and how you'll use the bag. The Chanel Jumbo Flap is an all-time classic, easily. The design is a little more "elevated" than the Boy Bag, a little more elegant. The Boy is a newer design that has a modern touch; the clasp closure and straight lines give the bag a younger appeal. You can't go wrong with either, but ask yourself if you want something more modern or more classic, and that should help you decide!
4) Which size Hermès Birkin is better for me? My first Hermes Birkin was the 30cm Blue Jean Birkin in Togo leather, and my second was the 35cm Black Birkin also in Togo leather. I can undoubtedly tell you the 35cm Birkin is better for me. The reason is my height; I'm 5'11,, and the 30cm appears more like an evening bag than a daily bag on my body and frame. The 35cm works so well for everyday use and I've really grown to love that size.
5) Yes! We will do more Many Bags Of features!
P.S. Please consider supporting our small, bag-loving team by clicking our links before shopping or checking out at your favorite online retailers like Amazon, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, or any of the listed partners on our shop page. We truly appreciate your support!