I find myself fence-sitting just a bit on this one. On the one hand, I think the Betsey Johnson Bow Lock Flap Clutch is a cute, punky, affordable take on a Chanel classic. It doesn’t take itself too seriously, it’s got a cute lil’ bow, and the piped edges make me think of retro 50′s upholstery, but in a surprisingly good way. On the other hand, I like Betsey Johnson just how she is – ridiculous. And I’m not sure that this bag is ridiculous enough to bear her name. To be Betsey Johnson, doesn’t it need to be bedazzled or printed or studded or SOMETHING? It’s just got a demure little metal bow. Which I like, but doesn’t Betsey usually include like 9 of those? Either way, I would have liked it to be larger. It’s cute as a clutch, but I think it could be rocked as a day bag as well. Buy through ShopBop for $235.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors