I saw this Miu Miu calf soft clutch in gold at Neiman Marcus the other day, and it caught my eye. With measurements of 8 1/2″H x 17 1/3″W x 1 2/3″D, it’s kind of a monster of a clutch. The gold only increases the high visibility. At first, I thought, how ridiculous. What is the point of a clutch that’s bigger than the average shoulder bag? I had to know how it looked, though, and I picked it up and held it in front of a mirror. The thing is actually pretty damn cool! It’s lightweight, so the size doesn’t matter in that respect, and it fits comfortably in the crook of your arm. With the day clutch being hailed as a huge trend, this bag actually really works. Who said clutches have to be small? In a strange way, this monster clutch is a bit more practical for daytime use than its bitty friends. While the size is the most obvious feature, the bag also boasts other details that make it pretty desirable. I love the pleating! So feminine and fun. Pleats make everything better. And the subtle placement of logo is nice. The bag is enough of a statement that an obvious MIU MIU would be quite off-putting. The gold is very metallic, but the tone is a soft yellow gold that doesn’t offend. This bag may not be for everyone, but if you want it, get it for $715 at neimanmarcus.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors