Yesterday I spoke of simplicity working wonders in the world of handbags, today I will talk about trying too hard which inevitably can create a handbag disaster. I am a huge fan of Chloe, heck, I have 2 Chloe bags. I would even love a Chloe evening bag. Here is what I would not love: the Chloe Aubrey Bracelet Bag. Pretty much this handbag gets a C in creativity but an F+ in production. I’d rather not look as if my bag were a belly dancers skirt, thank you very much. First Chloe begins with the black leather base, which is perfectly acceptable. I even like the ring shaped bracelet handle for various occasions. The downhill spiral begins with the ‘mixture of gold and silver hardware’. The meaning of this is gold and silver disks are placed about to dangle from this bag only on the front side. This no doubt will bring attention to you, you know, the kind of attention you really do not want. I’d prefer people check out my understated bag that is drop dead gorgeous than look at me carrying around a bag that looks as if miniature men want to play the cymbals. Via Net-A-Porter for $1,377.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors