Sometimes you have to wonder – in 20 years will we all be looking back on Fendi’s S/S ’07 collection and saying that Karl was just a visionary, ahead of his time? Not that this Fendi flash logo clutch is the craziest of his designs, but couldn’t you see it on the arm of a pristine robot made entirely of white ceramic? My first thought was that it looked like the fanny pack of the future, but I guess it is a clutch. That strap is all kinds of ugly. Luckily, it detaches, and the clutch itself is kind of interesting, if not exactly pretty. I’m wary of calling this bag fug, but it is a little bit unusual. The logoed uber-metallicism isn’t very chic or subtle. At the same time, the yellow (and the other side of the bag is entirely yellow patent) is interesting and kind of pretty. It’s a great sunny shade that works as a fun contrast to the sharp silver and black of the front. The shape is also kind of cool. It’s almost like a book or organizer, and I imagine you’d hold it in much the same way. Anyway, I’m not quite sure what to make of this bag. I certainly wouldn’t buy it, but I wouldn’t judge someone who would as a victim. If it’s your style, take it for $1,125 at Net-A-Porter.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors