Whatever your opinion is on sequins, you have to admit, they’re in again. I’ve hated them as much as anyone else, but boy do they sparkle, and in that flamboyant way, they’re kind of hot. I don’t know if I could stomach a big old sequin bag on my or anyone else’s shoulder, but I like this Maria Bonita Extra Embroidered Sequin Bag. It’s definitely an evening bag, and the solid black keeps the look chic and away from the land of tacky tacky tackiness that has swallowed so many sequined articles before. I love the jaunty shape, especially the curvature of the top of the frame. The tiny knob closure is minimal and adorable. I also enjoy the rustic look of the hardware. The duller silver provides a sobering contrast for the thousands of sequins and make for a mature evening bag with a whimsical twist. I’d actually wear this thing, and I don’t think anyone else should be afraid to, either. Get it for $325 at shopbop and add a modest piece of Vegas to your nights.
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Four & Five
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Day Six
- Instagram's Best Bags of NYFW