After recently jumping on the Dior Detective bandwagon, we just can’t seem to get enough of it. Vlad has found and posted about two intriguing Large Detective bags coming out for fall, but now there is something even better. Julie from Purseuing has spotted in Elle magazine the Dior Tie-Dye Crocodile Detective Bag which will be avaliable this fall in a few select Dior boutiques. My high hopes is that one makes it’s way down to Bal Harbour (which it should!) and I can go gawk over the sight of it. I just want to see one up close and personal, but I know I won’t be buying it. This seriously out of the ordinary bag starts off at $18,240. I am sure no matter how much I could try to justify that purchase to myself, my bank would never let it happen. Actually, I know it is so unfeasible it is not even funny. The Tie-Dye Detective bag will be made in red, lilac and brown. John Galliano, who is known for his outrageous designs and mouth, is now being credited with being the first to pull-off tie-dying crocodile leather. How he did it baffles me. He may be totally odd but he is a pure genius. Galliano says that this bag is intended for “the hippie chick that grew up and the classicist who’s a rocker at heart”. Problem is I am sure at least one million Americans meet that description but only a handful are able to spend that much on a bag and then only a handful of those will be important enough to be the select few that are on the list who will eventually end up being able to buy it.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors