I’m from the South, so I come from a tradition where people dress up for particularly popular sporting events. Admittedly, I’m not all that tuned in to international soccer or the conventions and traditions that surround it, but I figure that there’s some daring bag lover out there that likes to dress to support her team and still be fashionable. If not, well, take this purely as a comedy post. You have to admit, however, that no matter where or how you’re watching the games, you’ve still got to carry a bag, right?

Fendi Peek-a-Boo Satchel

Countries: This one really only works for South Africa. The black, green and yellow banding remind me of the structure of the country’s flag as well as the colors. If only the cream portions were white! Buy through Luisa Via Roma for $4248.

Versace Naomi Leather Satchel

Countries: Greece, Argentina or Honduras, depending on how much you care about getting an exact match for the shade of blue. Would also work for Sweden, but, well, they didn’t qualify. Buy through Luisa Via Roma for $1962.

Tory Burch Palma Small Backpack

Countries: Perhaps the only bag in this group that you’d actually want to carry to a World Cup game if you’re not sitting in a luxury box. If you’re a fan of Germany, Ghana, Spain or Brazil, you’re in luck! Buy through ShopBop for $295.

Bottega Veneta Mini Woven Shoulder Bag

Countries: Green is a pretty useful color when it comes to country-specific dressing, but it’s not so easy to find in bags. Brazil, Mexico, Algeria, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, Portugal, Nigeria, Ghana and Italy – this is the one for you guys. Buy through Saks for $725.

Nancy Gonzalez Crocodile Zip Top Satchel

Countries: Cameroon, Chile, Denmark, England, France, Germany, Ghana, Italy, Japan, Mexico, The Netherlands, North Korea, Paraguay, Portugal, Serbia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain Switzerland and the United States all feature red prominently, making their fans prime candidates for this luxe satchel. Buy through Saks for $2850.

No matter which country takes home the trophy, the real winners, of course, are teams like Brazil and Ghana, since they have the most handbag choices. Naturally. Who will you be rooting for?

Julia
Julia

Although I look forward to supporting the USA, I prefer the Tory Burch backpack. And, I’ve always thought red,white, blue and yellow looked good together! 🙂

Treselle
Treselle

love this post. and that peekaboo.

Chris
Chris

The Tory Burch Backpack! It is perfect – stylish yet practical. And I will support the German team. 🙂 We will win the World Cup for the 4th time !!!! YAY ! (Well, I am allowed to dream, right?)
Amanda, I can assure you, the World Cup is sooooo exciting. It only takes place every 4 years (which makes it so special), and all the different nations come together (and it is not for war or a serious topic like global warming, but for FOOTBALL – yes, only the Americans call it soccer 😉 and they all celebrate together and cheer for their team, and after the games people are dancing in the streets (even the ones that supported the losing team often join) – the atmosphere is incredible!!!! And now I am living in the US which means I will cheer for two countries 🙂 Oh my gosh, this post is getting long, I am really excited….

Moonchild
Moonchild

What lovely bags! 🙂
I especially love the ones you picked for Germany! 🙂
I’m from there and will support Germany all the way! 🙂

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Moonchild

Klar werden wir Weltmeister ! Oder Waldmeister. Je nachdem. 🙂

SisiEko
SisiEko

I love the Bottega Veneta Mini Woven Shoulder Bag! I’m Nigerian but I will be have my RM MAM in Sea Green to watch the game!

mochababe73
mochababe73

Not excited by the World Cup at all. However, I saw something about a stampede at a stadium recently. Don’t know if it was this year or not. Until that point, I never realized how popular soccer is. My sons play football, and in school, I played basketball for 8 years so soccer is not something that we paid attention to.
I am excited about the handbags. I love the picture.

yaayaa
yaayaa

OMG! I am sooo excited to find Ghana on here!
Go Black Stars! And what an absolutely awesome bag too

Jane
Jane

I loved this post such fun!

Livia
Livia

Go Denmark! I prefer the Bottega Veneta bag though 😉

Jan
Jan

We spent time in Vienna during the Euro Cup-what a fantastic experience! The Eurpean fans are crazy excited and such fun to be around. The night Turkey won in Vienna (which has a huge Turk population) the people were dancing, singing, and partying in the streets until dawn. The World Cup is just as much fun-went to it when some games were played in LA when I lived there. I’d definitely love the Nancy Gonzalez bag in red-but it wouldn’t be seen at the games. Too precious!

Year Of The Rabbit