Jimmy Choo’s Tamara Mellon teamed up with Richard Phillips to create two Limited Edition art bags for the Spring/Summer 08 handbag line. The first bag, the Jimmy Choo Face Canvas Bag, was not accepted widely by all of you. On the face bag, the four faces are taken from Phillips portrait Riot (1998). For the 70′s style Jimmy Choo Face Clutch, the sensual Richard Phillips Nuclear portrait is showcased on the smooth curves and red background of the bag. The frame of the clutch is made with Bakelite (resin) and gives off a very vintage look. For me, the clutch is a huge improvement from the tote. The tote is said to be a beach bag, and I just find it a bit creepy really. But the clutch is subtle and sensual, adding an artistic touch without being overboard. Pre-order through Saks for $595.
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight