The house of Dior has released Ready To Wear ensembles that have ignited the senses and flowed perfectly on womens bodies. The problem is their handbag collection has been lacking greatly. Dior handbags have been rigid and lacking ingenuity, therefor the market for them has dwindled. They have had a few hits, but after the surge of loving the Dior Saddle Bag, the brand has yet to release a bag that garners a tenth of the attention the Saddle bag has done for them. But the Dior Babe Bag has begun to garner back the recognition the brand has been known for, offering a modern touch to a contemporary vibe. The Dior Babe Bag is designed with smooth grained leather and a circular logo-engraved silvertone handles. The handles are what brings the attention. It is an otherwise simple bag but then catches your attention with the modern touch of the circular handles. There are pintucked gathers on the front and back to give the bag the perfect amount of volume. Knowing that they had to do as much as they can to justify the price, Dior added a zipped clutch which is attached to a leather strap inside. This clutch can be left inside or removed to be carried separately. The clutch is cute enough to stand on its own and cute enough that I would buy it separately in the store, though it will not be offered separately. Dimensions are 15.5″ (at widest point)x 8.5″x 6.5″. This is the next hit from Dior and we are glad to see them making a comeback in the handbag world, even if it is small. Buy either purple or black (hands down I vote for purple) via eLuxury for $2,290.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More