The first version of the Balenciaga Giant Lattice City that I saw was the smaller multicolor version, and let’s just say that my feelings were, at best, mixed. The combination of colors seemed kind of muddled, and the abundance of blue trim sorta took away from the effect of the latticed leather. But today, I stumbled across the black and white version, and my opinion changed immediately. Since the bag is bicolor instead of multicolor, the careful precision with which the leather is woven becomes much more apparent. At first it looks scattered, but if examined closely, there’s an almost-symmetry to the pattern that indicates just how much care was taken when deciding where the bag would change colors. If it had been completely symmetrical, it wouldn’t nearly as interesting to look at, but as it is, I find it almost fascinating. I love the Balenciaga aesthetic in general, and I REALLY love their bags with giant silver hardware, so all of that combined with the intricacy of the black-and-white woven detail really makes me wish I had an extra $2700 laying around. If I did, I’d be all over this. Buy through Barney’s for $2695.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More