The first version of the Balenciaga Giant Lattice City that I saw was the smaller multicolor version, and let’s just say that my feelings were, at best, mixed. The combination of colors seemed kind of muddled, and the abundance of blue trim sorta took away from the effect of the latticed leather. But today, I stumbled across the black and white version, and my opinion changed immediately. Since the bag is bicolor instead of multicolor, the careful precision with which the leather is woven becomes much more apparent. At first it looks scattered, but if examined closely, there’s an almost-symmetry to the pattern that indicates just how much care was taken when deciding where the bag would change colors. If it had been completely symmetrical, it wouldn’t nearly as interesting to look at, but as it is, I find it almost fascinating. I love the Balenciaga aesthetic in general, and I REALLY love their bags with giant silver hardware, so all of that combined with the intricacy of the black-and-white woven detail really makes me wish I had an extra $2700 laying around. If I did, I’d be all over this. Buy through Barney’s for $2695.
Join The Balenciaga Community On PurseForum
- Authenticate This Balenciaga - Get authentication help prior to purchase
- Unknown color or style? Identify This Balenciaga can help
- Post pics of you wearing your Balenciaga bags
- Find seasonal info on rare bags in the Balenciaga Reference Library or contribute with your own precious collection
- Find out how to maintain your Bbag in the Balenciaga Care & Maintenance Forum