Before we left for the month of July, I had a breakfast meeting in Miami. As I was walking to check out the view (and take a picture of my bag with the view of the ocean behind), I was stopped in my tracks by the bag sitting on the bench next to someone dining for breakfast as well. It was a crocodile Hermès Birkin, one that I could instantly tell was well-loved and used regularly.
I had to say something. “I love your bag!” I told her. Her face lit up, and as she thanked me, we started talking bags, naturally. I found out that she was on a trip with her husband to celebrate their anniversary, and she is a doctor. She loves designer bags and sees them as a treat to herself.
We took it one step further when I realized just how full her bag was, so I told her I needed to know what she carried inside her bag. Right there, in the middle of her breakfast on a warm Miami morning, she unloaded her bag to share all the contents inside.
What’s In Her Bag?
It was one of the most realistic bag spills ever – which made me love it all the more! Her bag is one that is well-loved, and used often, and inside of it were her daily essentials which include everything from her wallet and her husband’s wallet to not one, but two hair brushes to lip gloss and more.
This was such a great reminder for me, someone who in the past has tended to baby my bags, that our bags are meant to be used and loved. They can be fashionable, but they also need to be functional. Plus, a broken in Hermès bag is back in style, so put your bags on heavy rotation!
- Bag: Hermès Matte Crocodile Porosus Birkin 35cm in Poussiere
- Wallets: Hermès Constance Wallet and Louis Vuitton Monogram Eclipse Sunset Wallet (shop similar)
- Hat: Lorna Murray
- Brushes: Chanel and Anastasia Beverly Hills
- Lip glosses: Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick and Buxom Plumping Lip Polish
- Mascara: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
- Hairbrushes: Wet Brush Go Green Curl Detangler Brush and Travel Fold-Up Hairbrush
- Rings: All from Tiffany & Co