Say what you want about the ideas behind Valentino‘s designs – love them or hate them, I can almost always look at a new bag and know immediately if it’s one of theirs. They have an over-the-top, textured aesthetic that is more or less all their own in today’s handbag market, which says a great deal about the creative team that is designing and producing their purses. As a result, when I first came across the Valentino Rose Vertigo Leather Shopper, there was no doubt in my mind who had made it. Modern interpretations of flowers in bright colors is a trademark of the Valentino look, and it gives them a ruffly, girly quality that few other brands try to achieve. Also, if you have the opportunity to grope one of their bags in person, take it – almost all of them are made out of the softest, most touchable leather I’ve ever encountered in my life. So, while this isn’t a bag I’d necessarily go out and buy, I can completely admire Valentino’s commitment to their aesthetic idea and the amount of craftsmanship that goes into making such a beautiful bag. Buy through Nordstrom for $2395.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors