I’ve never had much of a problem forming an opinion, but for some reason I have yet to make up my mind about the Valentino Aphrodite Satchel. Is it great, or is it ever-so-slightly off? Do all of the elements work together, or does it look like two disparate bags joined into one?
After the jump, I’ve listed the design’s pros and cons and also provided a convenient poll for your voting pleasure.
1. Color and pattern: Lovely! The origin of the print is somewhat indeterminate (although it’s clearly some sort of cat), but the cream and black combination makes the overall effect a bit more ladylike than leopard. For the shape and design of this bag, it was the perfect choice.
2. Scale: The size of the pattern relative to the size of the bag is bold and graphic, just as modern animal print should be.
3. Shape: “Lady scale” bags are the new ish, apparently, and this bag fits fall’s 60s trends perfectly.
4. The Bow: It adds an unexpected twist to the bag and makes the design distinctively Valentino.
1. The Bow: Is it a pro or a con? I can’t decide. This entire poll is really just a referendum on the bow. The color doesn’t appear elsewhere in the design, which is what gives me pause. Does the bow throw you off as well, or does the contrast add something?