No sooner did I post about the Kooba Bailey Clutch did I come across another patent leather handbag. I know there are plenty of patent leather handbags out there to choose from, but this might be a little too much for my liking. The Marc by Marc Jacobs Patent Leather Hobo seems to have too much patent leather. Of course, hobos are larger handbags so obviously there will be quite a bit of material. Yet, the shiny patent leather on this handbag seems too shiny and overall, too much. The other thing I am not a fan of, the shoulder strap. At least when looking at the image, the 10″ drop seems too small with the large shape of the hobo. I get that the chain detailing is supposed to catch the eye or something like that, but to me it looks ill-placed. With a few minor modifications this could be a great handbag, but with the way it is currently put together, it is not for me. Buy through Saks for $428.
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- You Have Six Months to Fortify Your Wallet Against Fendi's Spring 2015 Runway Bags
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors