I was unsure of this iteration of the Marc by Marc Jacobs Dr. Q Groovee bag at first, but I’ve made a decision. I like the original version, and I really liked the new one, particularly in purple. And my verdict on the Marc by Marc Jacobs Metal Check Groovee Bag is thus: cute! I originally saw the grey, which came out a little while ago, and wasn’t sure…the grey looked more like a brown next to the metallic, and brown ain’t for me. I spotted the black and silver version on ShopBop today, and that made my decision much easier. It’s fun, kicky, and with just enough metallic to be young and different. Not many designers mix both matte and shiny leathers, and the woven pattern makes me think Bottega for Hipsters. It’s not exactly an office bag, but it’s spice of a casual outfit immediately, and I think it’s a great combination of colors for the cooler weather that’s on its way. The bag might have an age limit in the eyes of some people, but I don’t think it’s too blingy or bright to be carried by pretty much anyone, and the black leather limits the shiny silver to just enough glitz. Buy through Shop Bop for $418.60.
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight