You girls know that I love a ridiculous, gaudy animal print. Probably more than most other people, and probably more than good taste allows. We all have our style weaknesses. One thing I don’t have a weakness for, however, is the Anne Klein New York Chelsea Calfhair Clutch. Why don’t I have a weakness for it? Because it just ain’t cute, plain and simple. Mixing patterns well is a difficult thing to do, but can be a great look if done correctly, and they just missed the boat on this one. Animal prints on their own are so bold that it’s usually best to temper them with a more conservative fabric or color; tempering them with another, different animal print really doesn’t do the trick. I see where they were going with this, and I probably would have loved it if it were a tiger-print body with a black patent flap, but having the cheetah print on top of the tiger print is just a bit much. Add to that the fact that it’s all calfhair, and we’ve got a three-animal trifecta of unfortunateness. They can’t all be winners, I guess. Buy through Zappos for $187.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors