As Vlad and I spent time in NYC last week we realized one major thing: fringe is back for fall! I can not tell you how many designers are incorporating fringe into their Fall 2008 handbag lines. Fringe has been known to look ghastly, as many considered the Prada Fringe Bag to be from early 2007. But when done right, fringe can add the extra dimension that sends your bag into a statement piece that is still wearable and not over-powering. I have been a huge fan of Botkier bags and Monica, the designer behind them, is amazing (our interview with Monica to come soon!). The Botkier Bag that I am lusting after for fall is the Botkier Morgan Satchel in grape lambskin leather. This is the small version in the perfect lush color for fall. The supple grape lambskin leather is accented with gunmetal hardware. The top flap zipper opens to offer an additional pouch. I have a major grape crush on this bag and am looking forward to its arrival in June (this is from the pre-fall collection). Price will be $650 and you can inquire further through Botkier.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More