We all know the old saying, two heads are always better than one. But when it comes to handbags, are two handle options always better than one? Take the Marc Jacobs Stam Embossed Snakeskin Bag for example. I am going to go on the record and say that I don’t have a handbag with two handle options because for the most part, unless the shoulder strap is removable (like in the case of this bag) I feel like the extra handle might just get in the way. For this bag in particular, I think I would rather use the rolled leather handles than the shoulder strap, but that’s just me. Now as for the bag itself, I think I kinda like it. The orange snakeskin-embossed leather is eye popping. This is definitely the kind of bag that would grab almost anyone’s attention. I really like the contrast between the different shades of orange. Sometimes, a bold color like orange is one of those colors that can make a handbag look cheap if a designer is sloppy or on the flip side, if done correctly, the bag looks elegant and down right stunning. The zipped pocket on the front of the bag with a leather pull is a great way to break up the bag a little bit while the gathered pleats add what I like to call, loose structure. So what do you think, should a designer make up their mind and have a bag either be a shoulder bag or a hand bag OR do you like the options? Forget about that for a minute, and let’s say you simply want to add the bag to your collection; buy through eLuxury for $1,450.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors