The Speedy is undoubtedly the quintessential Louis Vuitton bag. I doubt that many LV lovers never owned one to begin their obsession with the fine brand. One downside of it to many is that is lacks structure. No matter how much you load in the Speedy, it sags to the ground, unwilling to hold its fine form. To friends of the Speedy, there is now a slightly flashier sibling called the Louis Vuitton Damier Berkeley. Its name is derived from a chic London neighborhood, the Berkeley Square. The materials are common to other Damier canvas bags, smooth leather trim, a red micro suede lining and a golden “Louis Vuitton Inventeur” plaque on the front complete the picture. Its handles are adjustable in length, two side outside pockets offer additional storage room for cellphone or keys. With 12.4″ in width, it is only .4 inches wider than the Speedy and .7 inches taller. Granted, at $1,420 it is twice as expensive as the Damier Speedy, I still think that this bag will capture a large following among LV enthusiasts. Available in Damier or Damier Azure.
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Four & Five
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Day Six