The Speedy is undoubtedly the quintessential Louis Vuitton bag. I doubt that many LV lovers never owned one to begin their obsession with the fine brand. One downside of it to many is that is lacks structure. No matter how much you load in the Speedy, it sags to the ground, unwilling to hold its fine form. To friends of the Speedy, there is now a slightly flashier sibling called the Louis Vuitton Damier Berkeley. Its name is derived from a chic London neighborhood, the Berkeley Square. The materials are common to other Damier canvas bags, smooth leather trim, a red micro suede lining and a golden “Louis Vuitton Inventeur” plaque on the front complete the picture. Its handles are adjustable in length, two side outside pockets offer additional storage room for cellphone or keys. With 12.4″ in width, it is only .4 inches wider than the Speedy and .7 inches taller. Granted, at $1,420 it is twice as expensive as the Damier Speedy, I still think that this bag will capture a large following among LV enthusiasts. Available in Damier or Damier Azure.
Join The Louis Vuitton Community On PurseForum
- Authenticate This Louis Vuitton - Get assistance with authenticating an LV bag
- Recommended Resellers & Shops for authentic LV - TPF members share their experiences
- Your Louis Vuitton in Action - share your LV goodies with the community
- Louis Vuitton F.A.Q. - Owners answer most LV questions
- Louis Vuitton Shopping sub-forum for all things LV-shopping, Louis Vuitton Clubs for hardcore fans & community-organized LV Owner Meet-Ups