When I first laid eyes upon the Salvatore Ferragamo Alce Calfskin Hobo, all I could think was, “My God, that is lovely.” And the more I think about it, lovely is really the only way to describe it. Flowers are lovely, sundresses can be lovely, and so can soft, pretty makeup. But not everything has the potential to be lovely, and rarely do I see a handbag that could be accurately described as such. The leather looks smooth and soft but still structured enough to hold a shape. The lines are smooth but not hard. She color is slightly pink, but creamy enough to maybe not be pink (Saks refers to it as ‘almond’). The hardware is almost imperceptible, save for the small, partly-covered Ferragamo symbol and the only outer adornment is the seaming in the leather. This normally wouldn’t be my style, but I can’t help thinking that they hit it out of the park. Buy through Saks for $1290.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors