Please, tell me, what is the first thing that comes to mind when you see this handbag? I don’t know about you, but I see a cross between a disco ball and an ’80s stud machine that went on a rampage. I guess you pretty much already know how I feel about the Sonia Rykiel Dita Shoulder Bag; I’m not a fan. The stud embroidered hobo is just way too much for my eyes to handle. In fact, there is so much studding that you can’t even see what I imagine/hope to be gorgeous violet leather. If the studding wasn’t enough, add chain handles to the bag and you have a silver catastrophe on your hands. I am really starting to get the impression that the folks over at Sonia Rykiel can’t make a handbag without copious amounts of studding; remember the otherDita Shoulder Bag? As I think most people are, bringing out the rocker chick side of you can be fun which is I guess the look this bag is trying to get after. However, I don’t really see much fun about it. All that studding will either burn your arm on a hot sunny day or freeze your arm during the depths of winter. What do you think? Is there anything salvageable about this handbag? If so, buy through Net-a-Porter for $2,300.
- 30 Bags and the Celebs Who Carried Them at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The 20 Best Bags Under $600 of Fall 2014
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The 10 Most Expensive Handbags of Spring 2014