A Lanvin handbag is an easy way to say, “I’m a classy chick.” This Lanvin bag says, “I’m a classy chick but I can rock a giant silver chain.” I love this bag. I wish it were mine. The subtly textured inky blue is such a rich color. It makes me think of royal satins and watercolors and midnight. The hardware is absolutely perfect. Not only is the silver right on, I wouldn’t change a thing about the design of the hardware. The plate with the turnlock closure is just the right size, the detail on the handles extending down like sleek suspenders is so cute, and the zipper compartment actually adds to the bag. I have seen too many fine bags ruined by superfluous zipper compartments and I am thrilled to see that this pragmatic option can exist without damaging the visual effect of a bag. That chain, on the other hand, can’t be very practical. It’ll leave chain-loop welts on any shoulder to be sure, especially if the carrier is taking advantage of the multiple compartments of this delicious bag and thus making it heavy. It would look lovely handheld, though, with the just-short-of-blingy chain hanging nicely to the side. Perhaps, though, the chain would be useful in heated social situations when one is compelled to choke a bitch. In which case this bag relays the sweet message, “I’m a classy chick but I will f*** you up.” Now that is something I’ve always wanted in a handbag. Get it at luisaviaroma.com for 1198 Euros, which is somewhere in the ballpark of $1587.59.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors