Finally. Someone at Gucci has thrown out a life preserver to save their Resort 2008 collection from complete irrelevancy, and that life preserver is the Sukey Large Python Tote. We’ve spoken previously about the fake-tattoo-covered shortcomings of the 2008 group of bags, and they aren’t pretty. The Python Sukey, however, is nothing short of gorgeous. The reason that it works so well is that the shape of the bag is extremely simple and the surface of the python skin is unmarred by exterior pockets, decorative doo-dads, and unnecessary seaming. The python skin itself takes center stage, and the beautiful combination of cream, tan, and brown scales make a perfect fall bag, even for a girl that isn’t that enthusiastic about brown in any form. Bravo, Gucci. I knew you could do it. This bag is so beautifully simple that it almost makes me forget your past sins. Buy through Saks for $3,195.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Four & Five