I don’t really want to like this bag, but I think I do. The problem I have is that the Carlos Falchi Tigersnake Shopping Tote is a shape that really, really annoys me. For the prices that designers charge for their bags, I’d like them to give me some structure or hardware or SOMETHING to indicate that the bag was actually designed. But this is just a flat bag with two handles that would probably fall off of my shoulder, and that annoys me. What really DOESN’T annoy me, though, is the colors. In fact, I find the color and pattern so non-annoying that they almost make up for the boring structure. The watersnake is hand-painted in silver and cobalt blue, which gives it an imperfect, slightly bohemian or artistic feel that makes the bag subversively chic, despite its rather banal shape. It’d certainly pep up a boring outfit, and probably gives the wearer an aura of subtle fashionable-ness that more obviously “designer” bags simply don’t have. Buy through Saks for $850.
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- You Have Six Months to Fortify Your Wallet Against Fendi's Spring 2015 Runway Bags
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors