And now, in “Things That Cost Way More Than is Reasonable” news, we have the Versace Croc-Stamped Clutch. Is it an actual exotic? No, no, it’s stamped. So it’s regular leather like every other bag you own. Hmm. Well, is it big? No, it’s a clutch. A clutch-sized clutch. Ok. Well is the design really interesting or innovative? No, it’s just a regular pleated leather bag with a standard chain strap like most clutches have. It’s got a metal handle, but I’m not thrilled. And I’m not saying I don’t like it – I do! It’s cute! It’s couple-hundred-bucks cute, though. And when has Versace priced anything but a t-shirt in the couple-hundred-bucks price range? Certainly not a bag. And this bag, my dear bag friends, started out at a whopping two grand. Even thinking about is giving me a headache like you wouldn’t believe. Thankfully, the reasonable folks at eLuxury have had the good sense to knock about $800 off the starting price, but still. That’s $1200 for a completely unspectacular clutch (and the leather looks a little fake-y. Just sayin’). We all pay exorbitant prices for our bags, but this might border on insulting. Buy through eLuxury for $1239.
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style - Day One
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- You Have Six Months to Fortify Your Wallet Against Fendi's Spring 2015 Runway Bags
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors