Microscopically fine detailing makes this clutch a piece worth mentioning. When designing this intricate clutch, Cavalli must have wanted to create a masterpiece and a talking piece. The Roberto Cavalli Laser Cut Clutch showcases a multicolor underside which is topped with a detailed gold laser cut leather design. Weaving, cutting, edging, and paying close attention to detail, the laser cut design seems to make lines that form a swirly pattern and even a beetle bug. There is a press stud fastening closure and an optional gold chain shoulder strap. This would not be an everyday clutch, not even a ‘nice dinner out’ clutch, but more of a once in a while at a huge Foundation Dinner or Gala piece. I’d take it to a black or white tie event and if the conversation turned to politics, which I despise, I’d take this baby out and try to get the table to talk about it. That would sure be a conversation starter, or killer, depending on the crowd. But this fine detailed bag is available for a decent price and has great measurements; 12 x 5 x 1.5. For a little piece of conversation and beauty via Net A Porter for $1015.
- 30 Bags and the Celebs Who Carried Them at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2015
- Chanel's Spring 2015 Bags are Protest-Inspired Mixed Bag
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The 20 Best Bags Under $600 of Fall 2014
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- Céline's Spring 2015 Runway Bags Struggle Following Upheaval in Accessories Department