Michael Kors is known by many fashionable people, but has never been an authority in the handbag world. His bags have been basic and have lacked ingenuity at times, but he has designed an attention grabber for spring! The Michael Kors Beverly Gator Watch Clutch features lime alligator with a gold-tone watchband detail. This is the perfect slide on for your hand, which will keep your clutch in place all night. This is a very similar idea to the Prada Fall 2007 handbag line, which featured hand muffs for many of the clutches. There is a front flap and a magnetic snap closure. Dimensions are 5″H x 10 3/4″W x 1″D which makes this the perfect evening wear clutch. My problem is the price. I understand that Michael Kors is an established designer, and alligator is not cheap, but for the dimensions, is a nearly $4k price tag justifiable? I think not. Overall the bag is cute, it is an attention grabber, but I am not sure that many in the handbag world will be going out of their way to buy it. Pre-order for $3,900 at Neiman Marcus.
- 30 Bags and the Celebs Who Carried Them at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- Chanel's Spring 2015 Bags are Protest-Inspired Mixed Bag
- The 20 Best Bags Under $600 of Fall 2014
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The 10 Most Expensive Handbags of Spring 2014