A different shape and a bag has a whole new feel. Most of us are used to our clutches being wider than they are long. It just feels right to hold a clutch in my hand of the ‘usual’ dimensions. Marni is catching some attention with their longer than wide clutch, which measures 5″W x 7″H x .5″D. Upon first picture inspection, the clutch looks huge, but that is just your mind playing tricks on you. The Marni Long Patent Clutch is actually an itty-bitty clutch that sports an elongated look and a silver chain wrist strap. It is almost like a miniature, and on my 5 feet and 10 inches it may look silly, but it can fit modern day slim cell phone, lipstick, ID, and another misc must. The only aspect I am not totally keen on, other than the size, is the wood and rhinestone detail on the front. There is an oval wood detail that is covered in tiny rhinestones on the top center of this patent leather clutch. The wood detailing is fine by me, gives the clutch an edge, but the rhinestones are not a huge plus in my book. Though, I suppose since the bag is so small it won’t be in your face, and can look subdued and funky rather than ornate and tacky. Through Net-A-Porter for $336.
- 30 Bags and the Celebs Who Carried Them at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The 20 Best Bags Under $600 of Fall 2014
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The 10 Most Expensive Handbags of Spring 2014