If we were to play the word association game, the term ‘Jimmy Choo’ would most likely warrant the response, ‘Shoes!’. Even being a handbag addict, you would still most likely say shoes, I know I would. But Jimmy Choo is trying to be a brand known for a bit of diversity; stunning shoes and stunning bags. It can be done, but the question is, are they doing it? I have no problem telling the folks behind Jimmy Choo that it is perfectly fine to keep a good thing going by slightly re-inventing it. The Ramona has been a hit along with the recent addition of the Foldover Clutch. A little bit of this and that, and poof, you have the Jimmy Choo Rio Oversize Clutch which bears a resemblance to its big sister, Ramona. This clutch which can also be used as a small shoulder/evening bag is designed with calf leather which is cinched with leather straps through silver rings. The chain link strap is detachable. Two pockets on the inside along with suede lining are found on the inside. The measurements are large, 16Â½”W X 9Â½”H X 3Â½”D, but perfect for the gal who carries a bit. What I am stumped about is the price. Sure I will splurge $550 for a pair of Choo shoes, but ask me to pay $1400 for a Choo clutch and I cringe. I’d opt for the 2.5 Choo’s that I could buy, but the clutch is still cute, just not that cute. Pre-order at Saks for $1395.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Four & Five