Why? Seriously, that is all I keep thinking when I look at this bag. And, I’m not even talking about the price… yet. I’m just going to start off by saying, the Dior Samourai 1947 Woven Bag is a definite no-go for me. I am sure that hours of work go into putting this bag together, but, it’s just not working for me. The textural grained leather woven together like a basket looks way too busy. Now, add the leather handles with tie detailing and serpent ring attachments and you’ve got yourself a bag worthy of a headache. The other thing that bothers me about this bag is that the leather doesn’t even look soft. Beyond that the handles appear to be practically painful. I mean look at the handles, doesn’t it seem like if you were to go and grab the bag as you run out the door that there is a good chance you would scratch yourself? In the end, this bag is far too ornate for me. There are plenty of other Dior handbags I would consider buying before this one. And I hope you are ready for this, you would need to put down quite a few of your precious pennies in order to take this bag home with you. If you can pull of this bag, go for it, but it’s not for me. Buy through eLuxury for $3,900.
- 30 Bags and the Celebs Who Carried Them at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The 20 Best Bags Under $600 of Fall 2014
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The 10 Most Expensive Handbags of Spring 2014