The Met Gala is like the fashion industry’s prom; the popular girls and boys come out in their finest gowns and baubles, ready to celebrate their own fabulousness and that of the Costume Institute at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Although the 2014 Met Gala had a rather straightforward theme (“white tie and decorations,” or, in other words, “very fancy”), stars, models and socialites still managed to find plenty of places to infuse their own personal style into their sartorial choices. Below, we used Photoshop’s handy-dandy zoom function to get a closer look at what some of the red carpet’s most notable fashion stars carried, all the way from Chanel candy to heavily embroidered Marchesa.
- 30 Bags and the Celebs Who Carried Them at Milan Fashion Week Spring 2015
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- The 20 Best Bags Under $600 of Fall 2014
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The 10 Most Expensive Handbags of Spring 2014