I am actually surprised. I have to say anytime I think Burberry, the traditional check print comes to mind. I am sure many of you think the same way. So honestly, when I saw the Burberry Metallic Leather Shoulder Bag, I was wondering if I forgot to put my contacts in this morning. I guess I am just not used to a Burberry handbag or piece of clothing without the traditional check print. Ok, I’m over it, let’s talk about the bag. The pewter metallic leather bag has silver hardware, studded plate trip, and contrast shiny leather panels. I like when I see brands branch out and try new things. I am just wondering if we are all ready for this kind of change. The bag certainly had a modern feel which is so polar opposite to the traditional pattern we are all accustom to. I have to say I appreciate the effort behind the design and the desire to appeal to a new market. However, I think the bag looks a little too modern for me. Actually, now that I think of it, the bag looks a little too Judy Jetson for my liking. Yet, at the same time, with the right outfit, you could totally make the bag work. Man, it sounds like I can’t make up my mind. I blame it on how shocked I am that this is a Burberry bag. What do you think – did Burberry take a step in the right or wrong direction? Buy through Net-a-Porter for $2,995.
- 60 Bags and the Stars Who Carried Them at New York Fashion Week Spring 2015
- The Best Bags of New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Street Style – Days Seven & Eight
- 100 Celebs and Their Favorite Chanel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Unveils Monogram Collaboration Pieces from Karl Lagerfeld, Christian Louboutin and More
- Chanel's Supermarket-Themed Fall 2014 Bags, in Stores Now, Look Surprisingly Wearable
- The Many Bags Of Elle.com Editors